I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Loosening My Grip

    From the Daughters of the Moon Tarot, the Nine of Cups:
Kuan Yin, whose name means "one who hears the cries of the world," is the Buddhist bodhisattva of compassion.  A bodhisattva is an enlightened being who, motivated by empathy, wants to relieve the suffering of others by helping them attain enlightenment as well.  Because of her spiritual development, her cup of mercy and compassion is always full, and overflows to others.  She does not ask for kindness in return or for some sort of security deposit for the love she offers.  She is content and comfortable in her own skin, and needs no accolades from others to stay there.  Having learned to love "what is" rather than fighting reality has allowed her to relax and find joy in all of life.  I hope to sit and learn under her waterfall today...

     From the Raven Cards:
Ouch.  This card speaks to my stubborn streak (that I try to blame on my Scottish lineage).  I am a planner and organizer, and I am at my best when I have a project or purpose.  But unlike a stream that comes to a rock and flows around it, I want to stick to my original strategy.  So I'll expend all kinds of energy trying to smash or dig up that stone, instead of just going with the flow.  Lao Tzu would tell me, "By letting it go it all gets done."  The seed grows on its own timetable, and as long as I supply it with the basics (sunlight, water, dirt), it will do what it was created to do.  Sit back, relax, and let it grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment