I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 23, 2012

Working with the Three "Hs"

  From the Daughters of the Moon, the Three of Pentacles:
This South American potter represents Aruru (aka Ninhursag), a Sumerian earth and mother goddess.  Having talked to a few potters and would-be potters, I know that it is a craft that looks easy but requires great skill and patience.  For me, it is the difference between having an innovative idea and actually making it a concrete reality.  Often with the "three" cards, there is the suggestion of cooperation with others, but in this image (other than the babe on her back), there are no other people.  I think the collaboration here has to do with the three "Hs" - head, heart, and hands.  While I may have the intellectual knowledge and skill to create, I will never fully master any area unless I am truly passionate about it as well.

     From the Raven Cards:
What would keep me from soaring?  It could be my head; there may be facts or information I am missing, or my negative thinking might be the culprit.  It may be my hands; I may need to practice over and over to develop my skills, or seek help from a mentor.  It could also be my heart; if I am not enthusiastic about what I am doing, then I will not soar.  Joy comes from such passion, and will energize my endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment