I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Won't Find It at Wal-Mart

From the Daughters of the Moon Tarot, the Ace of Cups:
The nakedness of this woman emphasizes that she wears no masks and has no hidden motives or intentions.  She is not weighed down with emotional baggage - how she feels and relates to others is steeped in honesty with no insecurities attached.  Her cup overflows with unconditional love and acceptance, not just for others, but also herself.  She is the type of person who brings out the best in others, because she sees the good in everyone.  Her happiness comes from a deep well of gratitude, and is contagious to those who are fortunate enough to spend time with her.

     From the Raven Cards:
This card reminds me that finding happiness is my responsibility; it will not come from another person or some material thing.  People, places, and things constantly change, and I will be sorely disappointed if I invest my emotional security in them.  There is an inner place where I will find it; like the geode that looks so ordinary on the outside, there is beauty and wonder to be found within.

No comments:

Post a Comment