I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Air Flow

From the Prisma Visions Tarot, the Lovers; from the Secret Language of Color Cards, 'Emerald:'
          Last night, right before sundown, our electricity came back on. It's been a week of survival for our community since Hurricane Michael roared through. It will probably take us at least a year to get back to normal. But being able to cool off in 90F degree weather with air conditioning and a cold drink can make anyone feel like dancing. My muscles are sore from cleaning up debris and cramping from dehydration, but I feel like swirling and shouting with glee. I can't help but compare the last card I drew before the hurricane (Nine of Cups) that focused on contentment and today's draw of being in love with life. There was a week of hell in between. Yet the Emerald card reminds me that I can maintain sanity through just about anything if I remember to take care of the mind, body, and soul. As James Baraz explains:
When we are not attached to who we think we are, life can move through us, playing us like an instrument. Understanding how everything is in continual transformation, we release our futile attempts to control circumstances. When we live in this easy connection with life, we live in joy.
 

6 comments:

  1. welcome to a world gone undark. We'll be by in a few hours to pick up all the wood for our stoves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Click your heels and remember, "there's no place like home" especially with the electric back one. Thank goodness for Energy workers and linemen and women from Duke Energy and other companies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in awe and gratitude to the linemen from Tennessee who have been working tirelessly in my neighborhood from sun-up to sundown.

      Delete
  3. Can't imagine! Hurricanes are never an issue up here and so far inland (Saskatchewan). The worst we've had to endure is a power outage that lasted about 14 hours when it was 30-below in winter. There's the odd tornado -- one even went right through our farmyard here, years before we bought this place -- but I've never been personally affected by one. Glad you're okay. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! It's good to be blogging again as it brings some normalcy in my life right now.

      Delete