I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Keep On Keeping On

This week I'll be using the Spiral Tarot, a book and deck set created by Kay Steventon and published by U.S. Games. I'll also be drawing from the Sacred Journey Cards, a set created by Cheryl Thiele and published by Pomegranate. Today's draws are the Eight of Wands and 'Synergy:'
          A big wind blows out eight staves, sending them quickly to their destination. It always amazes me, particularly after a big change that drastically alters normal events, how life keeps on keeping on. Bills must be paid, groceries bought, and services requested. I suppose it is the law of nature to continue moving even as things fall away or change. As I was sawing up limbs yesterday, I noticed that the zinnias that I planted in the spring - which I recently pulled up after they died - have left behind little sprouts of seedlings. Synergy reminds me that when I get sucked back into the busyness of life, I need to be careful not to use up my energy randomly but connect with others so more can be accomplished by working together.
The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members. ~Coretta Scott King
Thank you, Carolyn, for your compassionate action!

No comments:

Post a Comment