I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, October 22, 2018

Appreciative Joy

From the Spiral Tarot, the King of Cups; from the Sacred Journey Cards, 'Connection:'
          This King might be known for his compassion and kindness, but he still has a firm grip on that scepter. He is first and foremost a leader; he can't afford to let emotions edit reality or be swept away by drama. Immersed as he is, the King of Cups must develop equanimity so as not to let his common sense be hampered. The Connection card is something any community or nation must realize for its own well-being. It reminded me of how hard it could be to watch other neighborhoods get their power and water back after the hurricane, while we still dealt with the sweltering heat. It is easy to be angry and spiteful when something good happens to another instead of us. But emotional maturity helps me realize that another's good fortune can also be joyful for me too.
Appreciative joy is a natural expression of our best humanity…[it] cheers for the happiness and success of others and celebrates buoyancy, health, and happiness wherever they are encountered.
Judith Simmer-Brown

4 comments:

  1. To celebrate the joy of another does bring joy unto itself and us. Just whistle a happy tune to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being other-centered rather than self-centered always makes it easier to find my 'whistle.' :)

      Delete
  2. I have such a stern natural expression I've tried to train myself to have a small smile on my face when walking around in public. I haven't checked but I wonder if I just appear loony. Either way gives my face something to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up, woman. :D
      The nice thing about those who got their power back first is that they offered showers and washers to those who didn't.

      Delete