I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Fortunate

From the Prisma Visions Tarot, the Hermit; from the Secret Language of Color Cards, 'Silver:'
          I tend to see the Hermit in a similar way to the Seven of Pentacles - as an assessment. But rather than an external inventory, the Hermit represents an internal one. Standing on the bridge, he temporarily pauses in the stream of life, looking back at decisions made and actions taken from a spiritual standpoint. Silver suggests I be persistent in this fearless endeavor of honestly evaluating my own stuff without excuses or blame. We met with our insurance adjuster yesterday who looked over our property damage so we could file a claim (he was wonderfully calming and helpful). We have more damage than we initially realized, yet most of it will be covered. My Hermit reflection time brought me this awareness: I am much more fortunate than I feel. 

Here is the rule to remember in the future, When anything tempts you to be bitter: not, 'This is a misfortune' but 'To bear this worthily is good fortune.' ~Marcus Aurelius


4 comments:

  1. I recently read something to the affect that time and some of our misfortunes helps us smooth out our rough spots. It made me think of rocks in the river. I was okay with that but as I sat in contemplation I wondered about all the rough spots since we are born so smooth. I guess your hurricane and my tornado are the rough spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of that Kabat-Zinn quote: We can't stop the ways but we can learn how to surf. :)

      Delete
  2. coming back from a tower event is a learning experience that goes on for a very long time. Our rough spots are more akin to pumpkins in size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the learning only comes if one has an open heart and mind. Talked to a woman today who could only gripe about how long it took those 'lazy' linemen to get her electricity back on. No learning there!

      Delete