I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 27, 2018

The One You're With

From the Spiral Tarot, the Nine of Cups; from the Sacred Journey Cards, 'Goals:'
          This particular Nine of Cups shows a woman sitting on 'cloud 9' - a state of contentment and happiness. It will dissipate soon enough, but why not enjoy it while it lasts? I feel this way when I have a moment of connection, whether through the wonder of nature or when having an honest and open discussion with someone. As Augustine encouraged, "Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who, by the accidents of time, or place, or circumstances, are brought into closer connection with you." Or as Stephen Stills sang, "Love the one you're with." The Goals card emphasizes a need for commitment. That can seem overwhelming to me, so I often break it down into bite-size pieces called daily intentions. Perhaps my intention for today should be to focus on who and what's around me, rather than who or what's missing.

2 comments:

  1. I have visited cloud nine. Lovely place, though I do not want to spend all my time there, what destination would i have if I had already arrived. No sense traveling then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cloud Nines aren't meant to last; a typical 9 of Cups moment.😊

      Delete