I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Raising a Ruckus

This week I'll be using the Tarocchi Celtici, created by Laura Tuan and published by De Vecchi Italia. Paired with it will be the Art of Asia, an oracle I created for my personal use. Today's draws are the Queen of Air and Hiroshige's "Eagle Over 1000 Acre Plain at Susaki, Fukagawa:"
          The Queen of Air (owl) is all about blunt communication, whether I want to hear it or not. She's enlisted the help of some flying pixies to raise some noise to get my attention. But this particular card is also connected to the Celtic Ogam Ngetal, associated with healing, and Reed connected to harmony. The Queen of Air doesn't raise a ruckus without reason; she knows that sometimes wounds need to be exposed and cleaned before they will heal. The quote attached to Hiroshige's work is from Robert Green Ingersoll: "A freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wing." Harmony will come only when small minds can expand beyond the constrictive boundaries of personal opinion and knowledge. In Tuan's illustration, one pixie sits on a Celtic clasp of a horse and rider with the horse holding a human head. Sometimes I need to try on another person's mind in order to see from a wider perspective.

3 comments:

  1. I banged my head against the Celtici for a couple of years and finally sold it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has definitely shoved me far afield from traditional tarot!

      Delete