I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Tilling the Garden

From the Prisma Visions Tarot, the Ace of Pentacles; from the Secret Language of Color Cards, 'Brilliance:'
          Ead's Ace of Pentacles reminds me of The Secret Garden. After discovering the walled garden, Mary asks the master of the manor "might I have a bit of earth?" He replies, "You can have as much earth as you want" and encourages her to "take it, child, and make it come alive." Therein lies the rub with this card - the opportunity it represents must not only be accepted but worked and tilled like the soil. The Brilliance card is like the light that glistens on water; it represents change and transformation for when one feels anxious, lethargic or depressed. In order to work with my bit of earth, I'll need energy and optimism as fuel. I'm having a hard time finding that sparkle right now, as all I feel is tired. Sarah Hoyle (a writer for tiny buddha) offers some things to do to find it again:

  • Acknowledge and appreciate everything that happens, even the seemingly bad.
  • Challenge limiting, irrational thoughts.
  • Do something just for you. Every day.
  • Let the fun in.


6 comments:

  1. it is all about attitude isn't it. I haven't read that book but I am working my way though the Narnia stories for the first time. I think I went from golden books to adult books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attitude is important, as is questioning whether my beliefs are based in reality or are purely fiction.

      Delete
  2. That Ace of Pentacles acts as a doorway to the garden. Sit a spell and rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice. I keep trying to set everything to rights, but I need to take some time and relax. Birdwatching on the back porch is in order!

      Delete
  3. It seems as if feeling tired is going around right now -- covering a very large area.

    I must follow the link and go discover the Prisma Visions deck. Love that card!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the Prisma Visions first arrived, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. But the more I use it, the more I like Ead's take on many of the cards.

      Delete