I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Creative Restlessness

From the Spiral Tarot, the Two of Wands; from the Sacred Journey Cards, 'Detachment:'
          This fellow has two rods (projects) with healthy vines growing up them that are sprouting leaves. But he seems restless and distracted by the city skyline across the way. I can understand this desire to move on once the creative and developmental stages are done, particularly when there's nothing much else to do but watch from the sidelines. However, the Detachment card cautions that I shouldn't get too attached to whatever project I envision next. Verse 2:47 of the Bhagavad Gita explains this well:
You only have authority over action, not ever to the result.
Don’t be motivated by the result, and don’t get attached to inaction.
In other words, I shouldn't get caught up in what the outcome is supposed to look like, just do the action to the best of my ability. There are too many variables that I have no control over; I might be elated when things go my way or disappointed when they don't. Yet I can focus on the task at hand rather than give up, even when the results don't look exactly as I imagined.

4 comments:

  1. how many times have I taken action, only to be aghast by the results...
    hard to be human some days, even our thumbs get us in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can stay flexibile in my vision, sometimes my mistakes are still workable.

      Delete
  2. Distraction can lead us away from the wonderful things at hand.

    ReplyDelete