I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Another Day Completed

From the Idiosyncradeck, the World; from the Mixed Emotions deck, Vulnerable:


The sun is setting as a day is coming to completion. Did I learn something new today? Did I do something purposeful? Was I kind and compassionate toward others? Whatever my answer, if I have the chance to enjoy another morning, I can try again. 'Vulnerable' suggest being at the mercy of someone or something. Such an experience can leave me with a desire to stay in bed with the covers pulled over my head in an effort to protect myself. Yet when I suffer, it is only when I offer tenderness and openness to myself that I can appreciate and understand the rest of the world. As Pema Chodron explained, a heart without armor "is a heart that is willing to be touched by pain and remain present." Sounds like compassion to me.

2 comments:

  1. Your nudging me toward self compassion has had if not wonderous results, at least results ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I wish every child was taught, right along with math and reading. :)

      Delete