I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Outside the Porthole

From the Slow Tarot, the World; from the ROAR Oracle, Gertrude Ederle:


Bryant illustrates her World card with the World Tree surrounded by four planets. She reasons that once we've experienced life beyond our comfortable little porthole, we can't unsee or unhear that experience. Our perception and understanding of reality widens considerably, and we become accountable with this new knowledge. We can't pretend any longer that we don't know. But how do we deal with the hard, difficult parts of that reality? Gertrude Ederle was an Olympic swimming champion and became the first woman to swim across the English Channel. She explained, "To me the sea is like a person... when I swim in the sea I talk to it. I never feel alone when I'm out there." Ederle would encourage us to see that we have a relationship with every challenge we meet. We can treat it like a friend, an enemy, or someone we could get to know better. The nature of our relationship will determine how we deal with it - through anger and resentment or through curiosity and openness.

2 comments: