I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Impulsive Consequences

From the SKT Revelation, the Demon (Devil); from the Empty Cup Oracle, Stinging Nettle:


Wen's Demon/Devil is represented by Baphomet, a figure that both the Turks and Knights Templar were painted as heretics for worshiping (though scholars believe it was actually the prophet Muhammad). He made a useful scapegoat to legitimize attacks on those who didn't conform to the wishes of those in power. The serpent below is Typhon who fought Zeus for the control of the cosmos and lost horribly. Wen suggests this card symbolizes self-sabotage, a kind of self-bondage that occurs when we fail to connect with our reason and intuition. Stinging Nettle is an herb which can cause great pain if grasped with a bare hand, but handled correctly, can be nutritional and medicinal. There are times when I want something desperately. I jump in with both feet, paying no attention to the part of my brain that whispers that this is not the way to accomplish what I desire. Today I will attempt to pay attention to those nudges and soft voices of rationality and intuition, perhaps keeping myself from being stung by my own impulsiveness. Why run through a fire when I can walk around it?

2 comments:

  1. I rejoice we can get up each day and make these decisions. That they are not made for us, that we have options. Yep, I'll be grabbing the nettle again no doubt, but that is a learning process. :) and living process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A living and learning process for sure! And I'm always grateful for a new morning to try again.

      Delete