I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Untying My Own Knots

This week I'll be using the SKT: Revelation, created and self-published by Benebell Wen. Along with it, I'll be drawing from the Empty Cup Oracle, created and self-published by Stasia Burrington. Today's draws are the Ten of Scepters (Wands) and Tangle:


Wen shows Atlas holding up the heavens as punishment for leading a rebellion against the Olympian gods. I want to ask him if it was worth it, but my guess is that he would say yes. Sometimes the beginning of change requires great sacrifice, but often it becomes a sacrifice for naught. The Burdened One suggests my willfulness in saying yes to everything wasn't taken with a dose of discernment. It's not that the tasks I've taken on aren't beneficial, but that I've taken on too much. There are others who could be responsible for many of these tasks. Yet Tangle illustrates the problem of being overly responsible for too long - people become habituated to someone always picking up the slack. It will take time to reeducate them on their obligations and duties, as the knots holding those burdens are slowly untied.

It is an art to know how much responsibility to take on yourself and how much to direct to each of the people you are working with so that each person feels challenged but not overwhelmed.
~Judy Lief

2 comments:

  1. Someone has to take the first step to change. Even though Atlas bore the weight, he had to be an inspiration to others not to be control by the whims of the gods.

    ReplyDelete