I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 19, 2021

Pause and Unplug

From the Idiosyncradeck, the Four of Stones (Pentacles); from the Mixed Emotions deck, Bored:


The four concentric circles around this stone feel protective, yet the lines leading in and out from them suggest that this is not a permanent state. The Fours suggest stability and a time to pause. Some of us are so busy taking care of family, neighbors, civic duties, and work that we rarely have time to take care of our own belongings and bodies. So when we never take time to check or change our oil and our car engine locks up, we have to depend on someone else for rides everywhere. Wouldn't it be smarter to occasionally practice self-care, maintenance and safekeeping? However, the Bored card made me laugh. We are so used to constant coming and going that we don't know how to just 'be.' To tarry for just a few moments can feel monotonous and irritating to some of us. It takes time and intention to appreciate caring for ourselves and practicing stewardship, yet the rewards are worth it.

Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.
— Anne Lamott


3 comments:

  1. The reverside of my year rock will say Sit. Stay. :) I might add think but that's going a bit far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it. :) I think I need to make one that says observe on one side and without commentary on the other.

      Delete
  2. I used to grump about being bored. Not anymore. I enjoy the pause and if it lasts too long, I get up and so something about it.

    ReplyDelete