I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Seeing Specks Instead of Planks

From the SKT Revelation, the Hierophant; from the Empty Cup Oracle, Hatchet:


Wen uses an image of Maitreya, a bodhisattva who will appear on Earth in the future, achieve complete enlightenment, and teach the pure dharma. Maitreya's arrival will come when most of the world will have forgotten the teachings. The name Maitreya is derived from the Sanskrit word maitrī, or "friendship," which means this bodhisattva won't arrive with a club but with an open heart. Maitreya comes to remind us of loving-kindness and compassion, spiritual principles that can keep our world healthy and whole. While there may still may be small pockets of resistance to the lure of money and power, nations and communities seem to have forgotten ethical guide posts. Hatchet is a smaller cutting tool than an ax; it seems more suited for anyone's use. It's message is that while I might like to point out the problems with the world and humanity, the only person I can change is me. It's time to start slicing away at my own egoic traits that prevent me from practicing loving-kindness and compassion.

How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? ~Luke 6:42

No comments:

Post a Comment