I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 25, 2021

On My Game

From the SKT Revelation, the Two of Orbs (Pentacles); from the Empty Cup Oracle, Concentric Circles: 

I once had a therapist tell me that stress is not always bad. A moderate amount of it can help us become more alert and perform well. It's only when it feels like we're trying to hold back a tsunami-sized wave of it that it becomes destructive. It helps to acknowledge that while I might be juggling some stressful situations, they are not overwhelming. Remembering this, that what I have is just human stuff, keeps me from blowing it out of proportion. Burrington suggests the Concentric Circles are like the circles inside a tree trunk - each one represents our experiences over the years. From them, we have knowledge from our young selves (play is important!), from our teen selves (just be you!), and our adult selves (mistakes are for learning not for shaming!). As I deal with juggling different challenges, the knowledge of the past can help me stay balanced in the present.

Grateful today for those who stop by to read my blog and for the friends I've made through it.

5 comments:

  1. Be Well my Friend. Happy Thanksgiving. I am grateful for you in my Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the 70's my one reach out to a therapist resulted in the wisdom that if people weren't neurotic they were psychotic. scared me crapless, I didn't want to be either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one point in the early 90's I visited a therapist. I was a mess, she was late for appointment and at the designated 50 minute therapy time, even though she was 20 minutes late, she got up and said to schedule another appointment, as I sat there sobbing. That was not help, so I never bothered again.

      Delete
    2. I think many therapists need to be in therapy. There are a few good ones, but it often requires sorting through the others to find them.

      Delete