I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 22, 2021

Lollygagging Please

From the SKT: Revelation, the Waves of the Undine (Knight of Cups); from the Empty Cup Oracle, Broom:


The Knight of Cups (Waves of the Undine) invites us to kick off our shoes, walk along the water, and indulge our senses. While there is a time for learning, creating and doing, this Knight reminds me that there is also a time for the pleasures of beauty, the arts and love. Of course my mind immediately pipes up that this is absolutely no time for lollygagging. Thank goodness that Broom makes an appearance to sweep out some of my old ingrained beliefs (fun shows a lack of responsibility; leave no task unfinished, etc.). I can remember being told if I wanted to watch television, I'd better be shelling peas or pecans while I did. I'm sure there are some folks who have to be pulled away from pleasure to get anything done, but if you're like me, I hope you take some time to simply enjoy what or who you love today.

Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. ~Eddie Cantor


4 comments:

  1. Tomorrow is not promised, do today and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our moms were twins separated at birth. I cannot just sit and listen to music or watch a show. There had better be something in my hands too. In defiance it is now mostly my kindle app...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more stepdad #1 than mom (though he never seemed to bother with being busy). I celebrate your defiance! :D

      Delete