I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 13, 2021

In the Sunshine

From the Delta Enduring Tarot, the Sun; from the Southernisms Oracle, "Can't never could:"


A young man rides a painted horse through a sunflower field. He literally radiates energy and confidence because he can see clearly now. Aware of his assets and weaknesses that experience has shown him, he moves forward with new knowledge and a lighthearted sense of joy. He rides without any pack of 'what ifs' attached, allowing each moment to unfold. The Southernism of "Can't never could" means allowing negative thoughts to form a committee in our head that will defeat us before we ever get started. Those old mental tapes of invalidating and gloomy narratives need to be discarded every time they start playing if we want to enjoy our time in the Sun.  

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
~Louisa May Alcott


4 comments:

  1. I have about 125 SoulCollage committee cards now...who knew so many shouting people lived in there. No wonder I take retreats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack, that shitty committee takes an ongoing effort to root out of my mind. Get rid of one and another seems to take it's place.

      Delete
  2. 'Can't never could' I remember that one. I have more than a 125 'what ifs' maybe I can dispel them if I apply myself to my Collage Work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I might need to try that again myself!

      Delete